Robert (Bob) was born & raised in North Burnaby, British Columbia. He moved to Port Coquitlam in 2007.
From an early age, Robert was always drawing, sketching and involved in other artistic pursuits. He created puppets, masks, costumes and models. In 1966 he attended art classes and completed his first oil paintings. A few years later he switched to guitar lessons, putting away the brushes until the 1970s. In high school he returned to art, creating stage sets and designing posters for school dances. He has always sketched, drawn caricatures and dabbled in oil painting. Over the years, many of his paintings were gifted to family and friends.
Robert usually paints with heavy acrylics on stretched canvas. He enjoys the bright, bold colours and the quick drying time. He continues to paint with water mixable oils for portraits and other applications. He prefers slower drying Open acrylics when painting outdoors or doing Demos.
For 37 years Robert worked as a carpenter on the Canadian Pacific Railway at the Vancouver and Port Coquitlam rail yards. He was Engineering Services Health and Safety Committee Rep & Co-Chair for the last 16 of these years. After retiring he worked part-time at Home Depot, Coquitlam for 5 years. He is now fully retired and has directed his full attention to art.
Other interests include travel, curling, reading, football(soccer), the great outdoors, and an occasional game of golf.
Robert resides with his wife Lexie in the Fremont area of Port Coquitlam.
In my studio
Mr. Tippy Toes
COMING SOON: Art Focus Artists' Association "Beyond Visions and Vistas" Art Exhibition, Michael Wright Art Gallery, opening in January 2022.
CANCELLED: Art Focus Artists' Association Spring Show & Sale, May 7th, 8th, & 9th, 2021
- Art Focus Artists' Association's inaugural Virtual Art Show "Visions and Vistas", highlighting Port Coquitlam buildings, parks and landmarks. Available for viewing on AFAA's website.
CANCELLED: Art Focus Artists' Association Fall Show & Sale, November 13th, 14th, & 15th, 2020
CANCELLED: Art Focus Artists' Association Spring Show & Sale, May 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, 2020
- Art Focus Artists' Association Fall Show & Sale, October 25th, 26th, & 27th, 2019
- Boomers & Beyond Fair at Leigh Square, Port Coquitlam on Saturday, September 21st, 2019
- Art Focus Tent at the Port Coquitlam Farmers' Market, June, Aug, & Sept 2019
- Art Focus Artists' Association Spring Show & Sale, May 3rd, 4th, & 5th, 2019
- Salmon Festival at Hyde Creek, November 18th, 2018
- Art Focus Artists' Association Fall Show & Sale, Oct 26th, 27th, & 28th, 2018
- Art Focus Tent, Port Coquitlam Farmers' Market, August & September 2018
- Art Focus Artists' Association Spring Show & Sale, May 4th, 5th, & 6th, 2018
- Friends of Leigh Square Celebration, April 6th, 2018
- Salmon Festival at Hyde Creek, November 19th, 2017
POSTPONED: Mike Farnworth MLA Community Office, March & April 2020
- Tri-Cities Community Dialysis Clinic, January & February 2020
- Port Coquitlam City Hall, September & October 2019
- Tri-Cities Community Dialysis Clinic, July & August 2019
- Langley Arts Council - Transportation Exhibition, April 3rd to May 13th, 2019
- Mike Farnworth MLA Community Office, February & March 2019
- Port Coquitlam City Hall, November & December 2018
- Tri-Cities Community Dialysis Clinic, September & October 2018
- Mike Farnworth MLA Community Office, April 2018 - May 2018
- Michael Wright Gallery, AFAA Silver 25th Anniversary Show, February 2018